Music Profile: My crush, Devendra Banhart
I'm not one to be a groupie, but when it comes to Devendra Banhart I don't know what else to call myself besides that.
I love him because of:
- His music, which I adored long before I even knew he was Venezuelan-American, and I especially adore him even more because he gets a lot of inspiration from Simon Dia, whom I am extremely inspired by.
- Also, he's a little bit of a weirdo, like me.
- He's very Venezuelan and very American, like me.
- He's a jack-of-all-trades and doesn't limit himself to music, and does many different things, like me (he's such a talented painter).
- He does what he wants, like me. #IDoWhatIWant #LetsGetThingsDone #GTD
- I'm in love with him.