My go-to natural cold sore solution
I get cold sores around my lips sometimes, more specifically, on my chin.
This used to be so embarrassing for me to admit because I am a huge hypochondriac and very vain but it is what it is. They're disgusting. I get them. That's right, world. I f***ng get cold sores. I'm not embarrassed anymore!
The first time that one popped up was when I was 29 years old, right before a trip with a new boyfriend and I spazzed out so much to the point that we ended up breaking up because I acted like I had contracted malaria.
After that, I wrestled with them for a while, not knowing what the hell I was doing when trying to treat them but after a lot of research and trial and error, I found the holy grail and I want to share it with the world: Propolis Tincture (Amazon link).
I searched high and low for this solution and made ALL the mistakes you can possibly imagine. The pills didn't work for me, the prescription cream also did not work for me. Propolis dries the sore out and reduces the healing time significantly. Stops in its tracks.
Propolis has helped me so, so much that I just hope at least one more person who deals with these nasty buggers can benefit from it!
The person who recommended it is none other but Ana Aquilina, my sister in law, who is a publisher of all things nature and health.
Propolis has long been used as a remedy and has anti-inflammatory, anti-bacterial, and anti-viral properties. It is literally natural "bee glue" - bees use this resin mixture as both a sealant for their hive and as a lining for brood cells (baby bee nurseries) when the queen is ready to lay eggs.
Propolis ensures the health of the larvae by creating a hospital-clean environment.
Humans use propolis to treat several different ailments:
- Treatment for burns and cuts
- Remedy for urinary infections
- Remedy for dental plaque
- Immune system strengthener (propolis attacks harmful bacteria, but not healthy)
- Treatment for dermatitis and acne
- Relief for sore throats or inflamed tonsils and cold sores
- Preventative treatment to ward off oncoming colds
- Treatment for ulcers
- Relief for arthritis and other joint pain
Here is how I use Propolis when I see the first signs of a cold sore:
- Serve yourself a glass of water with 3-4 drops of Propolis Tincture. This stuff stains your teeth and everything for that matter, so you might want to use a straw or just quickly chug.
- Mix a little bit of coconut oil and 3-4 drops of Propolis and smear around the area that is giving you discomfort.
Once the fucker starts to appear:
- I just use three drops of the stuff directly on the sore before bed.