Papá: Gift Guide for Dad
(originally written for www.thekittays.com with Chiara Giuntoli)
What do you get that special man in your life? No, not the guy who holds the elevator for you. Rather THE man - tu PAPÁ!
He may or may not have it all. But you surely have no idea what to get him anymore. Let's face it: the gift list is pretty damn limited.
Here are a few gift ideas available for purchase in Miami and beyond...
1. A Legit Cigar: Because even if he doesn’t smoke them, it's a cool thing for a dad to have. This is for the Malboro man in him.
Absolute Cigar Miami (absolutecigarmiami.com)
22 SW 8th St, Miami, Florida, (305) 374-9999
Make your way to 8th Street and get ready to overhear some pretty classic Miami conversations by the gentlemen fishbowling tobacco smoke: "You know where there are beautiful women? Seaspice."
2. Mani/pedi at home: You heard right! Just because he wants to look macho with his cigar doesn’t mean he doesn’t have hangnails. Do everyone in your family a favor and get him pampered!
But obviously he wouldn't be caught dead in a nail salon, so write to me on Instagram @belu305 and ask me for Mercy's number; she goes to your house.
3. Shaving Kit: Unless he’s progressive enough to have gotten full body laser, he’s gotta shave, am I right?
Our faves (not that I've tried them):
- Nordstrom: The Art of Shaving Fusion
- Father's Day Smooth Shave Gift Set-
- This electric razor is bomb... Drug Store
- Braun Series Pubic Shaver
4. Zeel Massage: This app allows you to order on demand massages and even send them to a friend, or in this case daddy-o. They show up fully equipped; he can just lay back and allow the zen-ness to wash over him.
5. Race Case: If being embarrassing and frequent flying are both activities your dad partakes in, then why not get him a Race Case? Maybe he'll arrive to the airport four hours before a domestic flight instead of six.
So there! How vastly original. There’s only so much I can do- can’t turn mountains into molehills.
Or f*ck it, you could also go to Brookstone.